9.5.06

*Jools*

The Jewellery Lady was a late add-on to my day.

I remembered her from last year or the one before when my arrival coincided with her picking over some rhinestones she was glueing and shining for a local second-hand store. She had about 300 pieces on some boards she was working on and polybags everywhere stuffed full of more.
She had an eyepiece in and a huge magnifying glass by her side.
She had to be 85, looking like a million dollars, dripping rhinestones herself, SHERMANS too.

A big lady, I was surprised when she told me she had lost 65 pounds since the last time I saw her.
She always looked hearty and healthy but plus sized. She said she had been a size 24 1/2 and now was a 16 petite. So much for all those who say it is impossible to lose weight after 50.

"Was it difficult to adhere to a diet?"

She shook her head adamantly.
"It was dead easy. All I did was cut out the biscuits and the sugars."

Speaking of biscuits: I think it is time for me to bake a scone and have it with creamcheese and raspberries.
mmm delicious.

I do not expect to lose even 6 pounds anytime soon.
I loves me food.

----------------------- *