6.5.06

A Feyday

Today I feel most fey: sitting here looking in on my Tolkienesque landscape whilst listening to the Cocteau Twins.

Sometimes I picture myself at 80 still listening to Joy Division and killing orcs.
Somehow I do not think so.
I had dreams about being dead in my 50s. I also had a psychic or 3 tell me the same. And there was that neurologist that said if my neck lasts after 55 it will be a miracle. Interesting that unprompted comments from every spectrum would be so similar. For now I have eternity in each moment and music once again.
-=-=-=- * cue dreamy music * -=-=-
It is marvellous to have music on my PC again and yet more wondrous to be doing many media things at once with a chat client running and a telnet client running and and and NO FREEZES nor screens of death.
God Bless my sweetheart new PC. Of course it has 5 times the memory of my older one and is 5 times as fast with 8+ times the storage space and all kinds of storage USB ports. My soul gripe is that the Microsoft Office program loaded on it has a 60 trial. I own two copies of Office around here somewhere. Office 97 and 2003.
Surely to goodness that is enough?

I started everything and I do mean everything I wish to do at once and then checked the CPU usage in task manager. haha. less than 8%

This computer is smarter than I am.
A little more refining and it will be bossing me around.
Hopefully it will have exceptional taste in music and share the sounds with me.
Do silicone based lifeforms have the capacity for empathy or pain?
Am I hurting it now?

One day I am sure we shall all find out.
One day soon.
--------------- *