4.5.06

Hum*Hum*hum hummingbirds!

Indoor diva that I am, my life is ordered around what is convenient for me.
I do not allow myself to feel sad over the differences between me and most unless it is a matter most close to the heart. I know what works for me. If I try to operate on the way of the world I do not last long before flaming out and crashing.

The natural outdoors, or my little piece of it is still too bright and hot for me.
A covered patio helps somewhat but mostly I am on the inside of the sliding door.
Last year I noticed that my retired neighbour, the same one I subjected to my sleep yelling, has beautified her tiny postage stamp yard into a perfectly groomed tiny bit of paradise complete with visting hummingbirds. I stood on my stool and gaped in awe.

Being neither able nor interested in devoting time to have the same degree of groomed beauty on my side, I settled for getting feeders. It was fun to cheat a little bit by hanging one from the large red Italian lamp my brother gifted me with. The lamp is very close to the sliding door. I turn my head a quarter turn and see this tiny wonder of nature drawing the sugar water up through it's long beak. The feeder farther away gets traffic too but it is alot more fun to watch the closer one.

A little nature up close revives the tired soul.
Perhaps I should put another feeder up.


--------- *