9.9.04

Wild life

Being a responsible dog owner, I ensure my little man has adequate exercise daily.
When I fail in my duties, he lets me know.; usually around 3am,
Last night was such a night and so, this morning as I left f0r work he managed to run out the door and jump in my car with me. Being a short day, I thought it would be all right.
My little wild thing!

We had a long drive out to client #2 who lives in a coastal community about 30 minutes north of me. She lives on a small acreage with lots of fruit trees and berry bushes. We drove in and parked by the house. The dog started to bark excitedly so I let him out and walked to the perimetre with him. He was galavanting happily with his tail wagging furiously. Suddenly his tail went limp and then curled under him and he ran back to the car. I was calling him and chiding him. I heard a snort near me in the bushes. "Big dog", I thought.

Very big dog! Big black dog.
* The penny dropped.*
I went back to the car and let the dog in quickly then entered the house asap.
My dog started to cry from the car. He never cries.
I looked out the kitchen window and there at the pear tree was a small black bear cub.
Darn big dog! Another cub was in the bushes looking. Mama was most likely nearby.
Being a city girl I found this very exhiliarting!
I bought my dog a sausage roll after I finished with the client.
Next time I will listen more closely to him.

===========================
"When a pine needle falls in the forest, the eagle sees it; the deer hears it, and the bear smells it."
- an old First Nations saying

"