22.9.04

Comfortably Numb

Perhaps it is dangerous to identify strongly with a song about drugs.
Hmmm does that mean the entire Floyd catalogue is out?

*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*
Hello.
Is there anybody in there?
Just nod if you can hear me.
Is there anyone home? Hey! I have been homr a week now!


Come on, now.
I hear you’re feeling down.
Well I can ease your pain,
Get you on your feet again. yeah right; you told me it would not hurt the first time!

Relax.
I need some information first.
Just the basic facts:
Can you show me where it hurts? Mouth you ninny! Mouth! Jaw! Brain! Ouch, honey, ouch!


There is no pain, you are receding.
A distant ship’s smoke on the horizon.
You are only coming through in waves.
Your lips move but I can’t hear what you’re sayin’.
When I was a child I had a fever.
My hands felt just like two balloons.
Now I got that feeling once again.
I can’t explain, you would not understand. Ah but I DO understand. When I was a child I saw the same things. Small beings.
This is not how I am. Maybe not, but it IS how I am.
I have become comfortably numb. Drat it all. I 'm not.

Ok.
Just a little pinprick. [ping]
There’ll be no more --aaaaaahhhhh!
But you may feel a little sick. Nope I feel great. Except for this ocean of pain in my jaw.

Can you stand up?
I do believe it’s working. good.
That’ll keep you going for the show. Sorry bud. Retired. Reformed. No more shows.
Come on it’s time to go.

There is no pain, you are receding.
A distant ship’s smoke on the horizon. OOO its working. You really ARE receding.
You are only coming through in waves.
Your lips move but I can’t hear what you’re sayin’.
When I was a child I caught a fleeting glimpse,
Out of the corner of my eye.
I turned to look but it was gone.
I cannot put my finger on it now. I can. They were tiny beings of light. It wasn't a dream.
They are no longer visible to me now.

The child is grown, the dream is gone.
I have become comfortably numb. drat it all..... still not quite yet.

Pink Floyd
*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*


All righty then. Did that scare you?
Ah don't worry. It still hurts alot. ALOT. Alot.
Motrin is Advil. Thats all I am taking. I wear my jig at night which helps amazingly.
This has little to do with the current dental surgery and everything to do with the long ago traumas. It will be all right. <------ That link has SOME good info but overall the writer is deluded. In a very endearing way albeit. It still will really be all right tho. I promise.

After all I am a miracle many times over.
God must have something he wants of me.
Glad someone does. :)
God blessed me with a wonderful daughter.
I only ever truly prayed passionatly for 3 things in my life.
God gave me all three.
Want to know what they were?

I prayed from a young age: "Dear Lord, please just let me be happy." I am. Obscenely so.
In my teens and 20s: "Dear Lord please let my mother accept me for WHO I am and stop being so sorrowful about who I am not." It took her deathbed to do that but she did. God, what a price. Sometimes I wish I had NOT prayed that. But God heard my cry.
Same era it was: "Dear Lord, please let me know my Father."
I know him better than I knew my husband. The void left by my mothers dead was filled with our friendship.

So: Be careful what you pray for. Sometimes the cost is too high.
But this I know for certain:
In the darkness grace has not forsaken me.

-----------------------