4.9.04

Beautiful Long Summer Days

Lolling around on my days off and thanking God for creating such a place as this!
I am just about 20 years late here.
It is turning from a sleepy resort town to a yuppy destination.
Used to be almost every head here was blue white or grey.
These days the blue is the teenage version and the white and grey stand out more against the thirty somethings who move here with their big city bucks and build huge homes on small lots.
The ocean front once pristine for miles is almost vinyl clad wall to wall now except for the public beaches and the Parks and estuaries.

It is almost back-to-school here.
The shops and streets still are clogged with visitors from afar.
The Village is swollen with all sorts of cars.
If you are a classic car and motorcycle fan this is the place to be.
Alot of beautiful restored cars here. Not mine tho. Just a GM product for a change.

Some days were meant to be cherished slowly and determinedly.
I had the most tasty peppered Brie cheese on my savoury crackers with antipasto for brunch. Oh it was so delicious!
Later it will be mint jelly on lamb with rice and some brussel sprouts. mmmMMMMmm

It is indeed paradise here by the Pacific.


"Some people have a foolish way of not minding, or pretending not to mind, what they eat. For my part, I mind my belly very studiously, and very carefully; for I look upon it, that he who does not mind his belly, will hardly mind anything else."
Boswell: Life