5.9.04

Sunday colours

As I wound my way home early in the afternoon I passed a few churches.
It was just before noon and their parking lots were full. I drove by the United Church first.
Every car in the lot was grey, white or beige.
"That's strange," I thought.

A few miles along I passed a Charismatic Church. Alot of burgundy and green cars stood out.
It was just odd to be so struck. I took a wee detour on the way home to pass the Baptist church for curiousities' sake. It wasn't any one colour that stood out there. It was sports cars and convertibles and motorcycles. Alot more noticably expensive vehicles in that lot.

"Nothing is too good for God."
Some wise person said that to me when I was shocked to hear over $20 thousand was spent on a new grand piano for the sanctuary. Digital made more sense to me. More sense and less dollars. In a Bible study, it was suggested that the story of the woman who poured the perfume over Christ's feet was told to show that very point. Nothing is too good for God.

It was Judas Iscariot who protested that tender action. The perfume she poured was worth about $30 thousand dollars. Jesus stood up for her saying: "She has annointed my body for burial." It was further suggested that the reason Judas protested was that he was the one in charge of the funds for the Apostles. He also may have been embezzling.

I am of two minds on this topic.
There are so many needy people in our community as everywhere.
But that was Judas' arguement also.
"That perfume could have been sold and the money given to aid the poor."

==============

The care lane was calm with little traffic today.
One tiny incident first thing where a gentleman's legs failed him.
Every single time I forget to let the person go down.
Again, I guided him to the bed by sheer strength. This is not good.
I hurt my back that way one year. We are supposed to let them go down and then dial the ambulance to get them up. I find my instinct kicks in so fast. I have to , absolutely have to, stop myself from doing that.

===============


To think is easy. To act is hard. But the hardest thing in the world is to act in accordance with your thinking.
-- Goethe