5.6.05

Something is amiss in Arda

The best way I know of to blow off a bad week is to log on my favourite rpg and kill orcs.
Now that may seem odd, I realise this, but if you have not tried it, don't knock it.
Every valid solution comes with it's own unique set of challenges and slaughtering orcs is no different.

What do you think the average age of a gamer is? Alot of people would assume it is around 13-14. I am certainly nowhere close to that age even if you triple it. And I am not alone.
It is annoying to walk in a world of beauty alongside the willingly blind. It is irritating to listen to hormonally raging players of all ages and gender gloating on about who they killed and how. I see it as math. All of it. There are formulas for everything. No player is better than any other, just more adept at typing formulas. I could give a shit about that as far as glorification goes, but the majority care deeply. I do not think it is about self-esteem, or acceptance, I think it is just real basic adrenal satisfaction.

Having survived decades with a major adrenal disorder, the last thing I need to prove to myself is that I can spin fast. It is the slow dances I want to learn. I love to savour the idea of being in the Shire, pipe in hand, pondering my long and boring geneology. I do not mind venturing outside of my hobbity hole but I really only want to steal shiny things and waylay the stupidest orcs. I am smart enough to realise that a hobbit is not going to win through might nor valour, but through sheer obstinance.

Alas, no orcs today. Something is amiss in Arda.
Damn.
------------