25.6.05

Make way

Tomorrow is our event.
I get to dress up and stand on stage just like the olde days.
I get to be in the bigtime theatre, all dressed up with the audience hanging on my every word.
OF course they are hanging... I have them captive. Haha.

It is nothing really. Not even enough to get my name on the damned programme.
I am not as excited about it this year as I was last.
It is true, I miss the stage terribly. I know that I could, in a sweet second, be back there.
But I am no longer the pretty young ingenue. I am not even the attractive comedienne.
I might possibly make the character actress supporting role, but...

We have our traditions. We would do this or that on opening night.
We would never ever be alone. I do not think I ever was alone.
It seems so odd to be on such a wonderful stage. For what?

I cannot explain this one.
Never once when I was playing or singing did I ever invite family. Never once.
Never once did I ever use my real name. Never once.
Now I still have that urge to perform but as myself for a change.
And it is past time for me.
----