21.6.05

Lightning and rain, fear and trepidation

The day went well. Care and meds and a little education. I was gratified to see that component added to our Team Meetings so aptly. Education on a continuing basis is essential to all Medical Team Members from Doctors down to Janitors.

It was to be a lovely evening spent looking at etchings.
Calling to confim, my bubble was burst-- no etchings tonight.
That is not the only thing that burst. I got on the highway to come back to KaeVille and no sooner had I set the Cruise Control at 110kms than the heavens opened and sheets upon sheets of rain spilled down. The road was like ice within seconds.

Overhead, a bolt of lightning forked down to the treetops nearby and I began deep breathing.
Taking my cruise control off, and letting the car slow down naturally seemed the safest course. Slowing to 40khm on the Highway, absolutely noone passed me. Most of the traffic was pulling off to the side. It was unbelievable how intense this storm was. And sudden.

It is scary to be caught out and about when nature unleashes a surprise.
They don't pay me enough to drive in those conditions.
Nor anyone at all.

----------