15.5.05

Planning and scheming

Having spent each day in care, I return home for my downtime.
I need alot more alone time than anyone else I know. This is not new. I have always required it. Now more than ever I have to zealously guard my privacy as I have a family member who is on the very edge of requiring care. There is only one of me, and well I know it.

I am very involved in Health and Wellness in the Workplace and carry around with me brochures and cards for other Professionals who appear to be in need of a listening ear.
Too bad more people do not avail themselves of the service.
It is essential to self-care to eat well and get plenty of exercise. I work so hard some days I go through 2 t-shirts under my uniform. Of course some of the homes I do care in are over 100degrees fahrenheit. (did I spell that correctly?)

Once I come home and eat, and nap, I have around 2 hours before I have obligations.
This is time that is sacred to me. Lately the sanctuary is vacant. My parent is needing me.
I hired a private nurse today for him. He does not really realise she is our employee, not yet anyway. He is too busy flirting.

Now: hmm, I am younger... do I get to flirt?
drat it... nopers.

Every week I look forward to the two days I get to be on my own all on my own.
I plan and scheme how to fill them up with fun things.
I used to go fishing. I used to roar around in my sports car or on my bike.
I used to fly my kites all day every day off.
I seem to have gone off those pursuits.

Now mostly, I write or play rpg or read. The lure of glittery things entices me out to the shoppes. I am so cheap I squeak. It is a good kind of squeak though. I do not owe anyone $$ no Visa no Mastercard, and I pay cash for everything. It works for me. Everything shows up in the Thrift is you wait long enough, and check regularly. It is tons of fun. I miss my MGB and my Harley but hey: picking is fun too. The key ingredient to me for time off is to ENJOY IT!
There is alot of fun in most aspects of life. mmm and food. I loves my food. Cooking is a pleasure but its always nice on a day off to go out for tasty and delicious breakfast at the local A & W. Its the bestest. I love my brekkies there. Usually it is full of old farts not many fart-ettes, and man how they talk! I read the paper and listen. They all know me but I do not sit with any of them unless they are friends of my parent.

In a related social note for myself, mostly:
This coming weekend is a Highland Games in a city North of here on the Saturday, and, an even bigger one in a city south of here on the Sunday. I can go saturday!

-------------------
-------------------

It must be Spring and this must be Spring fever.
Since I saw that man working on his fence I have been on this strange turn of mind.
Anyone would think I was 14.

--------------------

"It's spring fever.... You don't quite know what it is you DO want, but it just fairly makes your heart ache, you want it so!"
Mark Twain quotes (American humorist, writer and lecturer. 1835-1910)