17.5.05

By the Sea by the Sea by the beautiful Sea

Inbetween clients, when I am able, I sit by the Sea and watch the waves. There is a large resident gull population to keep me entertained, if no sealions are in the Bay, and if even the gulls are quiet, we always have crows. Boy, do we have crows.

Listening to my radio, and there was a piece on the changing face of the Island.
An interview with an author and her sister-in-law, who worked for the local landmark at the tender age of 15 back in the 1920s. She is a client this woman is. Tiny little thing with a very jaundiced eye. She sounded so sweet on the radio. -ha!--

Yes, we are changing quickly here in Paradise. Someone told the masses and they are coming in droves. Alas. The local landmark will be pulled down to make way for *beachfront* condos.
Stupid developers. You can't buy paradise once it is gone. Of course I know little or nothing about development except that trees die, habitat is destroyed, species extinct and then we all say never mind dear, you have an oceanfront view now. I wonder if the cockroaches will miss us. I bet not.
--------------