3.6.06

Welcome to the Mental Health Hotline


Yes yes it is an oldie.
I do not even know who to attribute this to.
Whilst I was at a client's home I noticed she had a copy of this handy.
She was embarressed that I noticed but it is a good little joke.
To make her feel better about being *outed* by a stray piece of paper I told her I was laughing because I saw myself in so many options.

Funny how mental health still has a stigma attached.
Should I apologise because I had a brain injury?
Should you apologise because you are diabetic?
Should anyone anywhere feel less of a person because of illness or injury?

bah society.

----------

--and now, the paper in question;

------------------

WELCOME TO THE MENTAL HEALTH HOTLINE!

If you are obsessive-compulsive Press 1 REPEATEDLY.

If you are co-dependant, ask someone to Press 2 for you.

If you have multiple personalities, Press 3-4-5-6.

If you are paranoid-delusional, we know who you are and what you want. Just stay on the line so we can trace the call.

If you are schizophrenic: listen carefully and a little voice will tell you which # to press.

If you are manic-depressive, it doesn't matter which # you press; they are all wrong.

If you are anal-retentive, please continue holding.

--------------