5.6.06

Evil evil evil

Walked into my first client of the day.
"Are you in pain?"

They
asked me!
Jeepers, I am very poor at pretense.

I almost called in sick today due to pain but my clients ....
they are likely in more pain than I am.
I even wore lots of make-up today which, come to think of it, may have tipped them off. I do believe I had once told the client that whenever I am wearing make-up it generally means either I am off to do some public function -or- I am feeling awful.

My second client asked me if I was in a bad mood.
"You're not singing today."

I stopped and got some tynlenol.
For all the good it did....

Soon, very soon, in fact only months from now, this whole re-do will be in the past.
The process is torturous at times.
I know alot of people think I am doing this for vanity's sake but they have no idea what severe TMJ is like. If I do not wear my jig at night, my jaw locks. My teeth break. And if my jaw locks, I have to take some pretty heavy medication to make it through.

Before I knew it was TMJ disorder I had seven root canals done,.....
That's right: seven! --and--- one of those seven was done above the jawline surgerically by an oral surgeon who charged $1800 which was not covered by any dental plan.

The pain came back and the surgeon then told me that more surgery was indicated.
The treatment course chosen for me was supposed to be two years in duration.
It cost just about $7000
We are at 2 years and 6 months now.
The end is not quite in sight.
--sigh---

Some days are fine. Some days I hardly notice.
And then I will experience a set-back.
Some days if I had a loaded gun I would shoot myself in the jaw.

Today it is a good thing there are no guns around.

Today I wish I had some of that whatever it is they give me when it locks.
It's a drag.