19.6.06

Something I want to remember:

After my orgy of anger, in which I justified myself through Helene who said: "Even Christ got angry at the market in the temple" I have come to see once again, that being right is not enough. Not good enough at least.
I am capable of better things.

Today I stopped in to visit a dear friend who was calling me all weekend.
I, of course was not home. Or at least, not answering.
Her beautiful daughters were home and telling their mother and me all about life as a teen in 2006. I try to relate but it has been too long and I am so very amused by the preening and hesitations of the lovely young girls.

The younger was talking about another girl in her set who was very bitter and nasty.
She was putting down another girl.
My friends daughter had enough and so she grabbed the arm of the gossiper and said:
"HEY, don't hate: appreciate !"

Cool little mantra I was thinking. Very cool.
Then my friends daughter turned and pointed at me.


"I learned that FROM YOU !"

Glory hallelujah saints be praised!

I suppose I am not all bad after all.
YAY!
Affirmations!
--- *