3.6.06

The Balkan Chopper King

Yes yes I am fabulous on an International level.
Well, not myself, personally, just by association.

When I was young and in my prime....
I used to hang with the boyos and rode my bike and altho we were not in a club, per se, we were a rowdy bunch of fun-loving bikers. We were not druggies, but oh boy, there was alot of beer around. I had tons of fun. Tons and tons.

Long ago, Jack DeShane was the first of us to die on the then-new Knight Street bridge. It was a shock. We went out to the site and the skidmarks from his bike were there. Nothing from the car that rammed into him. A 14 year old girl had taken daddy's car. After that, I was a little leery on my bike.

I never minded being on the back of the bike as I love the wind in my face.
Can't drive and close your eyes going *ahhh*, at least not and live.

Now my friend my online friend my incredible Balkan chopper king friend brings all these feelings back to me. I browse his website and see 2006 versions of my friends and I all those years ago. Except we did not have patches. As I said, we were not a club.

Another one of my olde friends from long long ago, Kenny A. had the best bikes of us all. Kenny was a charter member of the British Motorcycle Club and had the best Snortin, the best BMW the best everything. I missed the boat on Kenny.
He ended up marrying..... okay, I will not continue that thought.
He was a great fellow and I am sure he still is.

The Balkan King just bought himself a BMW.... a nice little short wheelbase mmmm I am so jealous bike.

I looked on his website (see link above) and I see fun fun fun.
It's all there.
The chicks trying too hard....
Oh horrors there is even one who looks like Paris Hilton...
I wonder if she is the same one with her shorts up her butt...
We had a couple of girls like that too way back when.
I did not hang with those chicks. In fact I did not even speak to them unless forced. They are just not my cuppa.

I click again and see a party a big huge party.
Every kind of enthusiast is there.
The true biker guys who just love their mates and their bikes.
The other kind...
The bikes, the beautiful bikes.
The choppies, the custom incredible everything and more...
I am not getting older, I am getting younger.
(Mentally)
(Or is that mental... )

MAN I wish I was 18 again....
Would I go visit Macedonia?
Well: I dinno. If I was 25 even I prolly would.
But I aint.

----------------- *