9.1.06

"You know... the Genital box"

Palliative client.
Wife in home is very clear in her directives.
Wife is very much in charge of all Staff entering her home.
Wife took to me and my style instantly. Kindred spirits. We understand each other.

After finishing some care the client had a bleed or two.
Passing clots can be messy business and I knew that when I left if she saw that she would panic so I showed her what it looked like and *voila* another clot. I cleaned it in front of her and then we left the client to speak in the kitchen.
Believe it or not we were discussing Mass.

"Father Juan comes every Sunday and does Mass for us at the bedside."
"Thats really great" I said. "I am reduced to watching them on Television."
"Ah do you watch Channel 237?"
"No no. I just have the basics."

She looked at me and smiled.
"You know what you need? A genital box. It brings in all the stations."

It took her a moment or five to realise what she had said.
This is an extremely devout woman.
My eyes were popping, I was trying so hard not to laugh.
She caught it and said: "Well of course after all that type of care I am thinking about genitals!"

I couldn't answer the roar came out of my mouth.
The two of us laughed til we cried and then I left.

She gave me a hug.
hee hee