22.1.06

Decision Canada

---dum dum dum---

It's polling day tomorrow, Monday, January 23rd, 2006, and for the first time in decades our election will actually be exciting.

Federally I have favoured the Liberals in the past as I have strong beliefs in social policies. This time I am voting NDP. The Liberal party has been in power for too long and there are many things needing cleansing. I do not blame Paul Martin our Prime Minister. I pity him for inheriting such a mess from Chretien.

Stephen Harper scares me.
He is so glib these days.
He said something amazing the other day on National television that went by the wayside. Noone queried him.

Harper said: "I am not a career Politician. One day I will move on to something else."
Okay, that scares me. What on earth compelled him to run for Leadership of the Conservative Party? Because he can? Lord knows that works for our Provincial Premier. Harper strikes me as yet another who will dismantle what Canada has in solid resource-driven Government corporations and appoint friends to run new ones.

Gordon Campbell has no problem at all with diddling figures to demonise his predecessors and fake out the people while he gives our Province away. The sickening part of this way of business is that a very very few upper level types make big money but the bottom tier of the pyramid, the workers, the citizenry of the Province lose their jobs and get them back without benefits and with huge pay decreases. Looks good for the year in question. They sell everything to their friends and their friends of friends all the while badmouthing their political opposites for corruption. Very droll indeed.

Gordon Campbell is a blight on the landscape but he is NOTHING compared to Harper.

Tomorrow, if you value Canada vote for the NDP.
The Liberals need a rest but God help us if we get Harper with a majority.
It will be a long horrible 4 years and we will have inflation and worse.

I want a leader who IS a political animal.
And in 4 years, or less, I am hoping the Liberal party gets it together again.

----------- *