4.1.06

Stretching myself into different shapes

The biggest stretch for me is the one between waking and sleeping.
I feel that huge fall from infinity into self and it is a long hard one.
Another kind of stretch awaits me at work some days, when I see names on my list, or certain addresses, and know that I am going to be bent a little.
I had a pretzel today.

Many people consider me chatty but in fact I only like to control what is said in my presence. I hate noise. I hate television. I especially hate it when I have to pay attention to something or someone for hours on end. It hurts my (stupid) head.
This is the #1 reason I chose to work one on one. Being in Hospital is too much stimilus for me. Facilities are the same. Too much of everything and everyone and no chance to flee. no thanks.

Today my stretch was being in the company of a client for hour(s) in which chat chat talk talk banter banter. Oooo the agony. Every single second was filled with this talking. Perhaps it was the whack to the head that made it hurt more.

but OW!

---------@


What do you do when you enter someone's private space and there is dirt everywhere?
What do you do when the place the person cleans themselves is filthy?
What do you do? Especially when you are privy to information that tells you this person may not fully understand the environment is unhealthy.

For many of my co-workers the answer to that is: You pretend not to see.
I took 45 minutes and did a mini clean-up.
My client said: "You're a little workaholic. You did more in that time than anyone has ever done here before. But you know I realise you are not a maid. I just don't seem to get around to it."

Yes people have the right to choose.
Yes people can choose to live in a manner which may be unhealthy.
If I have some time, even a little bit of time, I can do it.

One day someone may be doing it for me.
I hope they dont let me mire in filth.


@-----------