4.1.06

Strange intrusion

Living in Paradise can be rougher than you might think.
There are always those who are jealous; always those who want what you have, and even people who will decide you are a bad person based on such things.

My little house is in an area where no rentals are allowed.
This is to deter those who come for the never-ending vacations.
It is already difficult being a tourist destination.
The tourists are our bread and butter.
My area has an association and we are all members. You cannot buy in here and rent it out. Well, not legally anyway. Last year we were asked to make an exception for someone who had "an excellent track record of stable long-term tenants."

Our new neighbour has been here two months.
Every time he sees me, whether I am with a client on the road, or walking with friends, or pulling out of my driveway, he gives me the third digit salute.
It is very odd.

Now I was at my kitchen sink looking out and yes, again, Mr. Finger cruises by slowly with his hand out the window. I do not know what on earth possesses someone to behave so badly. They say he has a wife. I wonder if she is chained to the bed or what? Another neighbour tells me he shouted at her for being in the crosswalk that he walked to cross in. Another was yelled at for parking in front of the mailbox, while he was getting his mail.

Stable longterm tenant.
Oh great.

---@---

Let us not confuse stability with stagnation.
--Mary Jean LeTendre