12.10.04

A plummy sop of wino

Dinner was an experience savoured with fine friends and red wine.
I contributed the Remy Martin; essential to any festive gathering.

It was a little different for me, the solo act with two duets.
Later the ladies both went to work and the gents and I sat, wine in hand, disseminating.
-- we are all the same--

Looking in from the outside they have it all. A beautiful home right on the golf course. A family of two beautiful children. Good-looks, charm, and happiness. The reality I was told, is rather different. Employment uncertain, love crushed by debt, anxiety and medicate the kids into happiness.

The wine was good though.
----------------

It's 1993.
Kurt is looking into the camera telling us how he is happy for the only time in his life.
He is calm, clear-eyed.

We heard it on the news ------
--------------

I’m on my time with everyone
I have very bad posture
Sit and drink pennyroyal tea
Distill the life that’s inside of me
Sit and drink pennyroyal tea
I’m anemic royalty
Give me a leonard cohen afterworld
So I can sigh enternally
I’m so tired I can’t sleep
I’m a liar and a thief - "Pennyroyale tea" Nirvana