1.10.04

A Cunning Plan

"Auntie's coming!"

Yes Auntie me was coming to visit her very favourite nieces and nephews who technically are not even related to me but that's just reality intruding. We are family!

I had this brilliant and cunning plan.
a) Get the dentistry done.
b) Take a holiday week.
c) Visit the "fam"
d) Be very smug about the superior intellect that conceived such a grande plan

I accomplished a, & b, and we are stuck there.
I called my dear niece to let her know traveling was out of the question.
Her 7 year old son answered. We had a nice 5 sentence long conversation.
I concluded with: "Can you understand me?"
"Yes."

I had my daughter call back when she arrived home.
She explained to the same lad that Auntie cannot come.
A few hours later my telephone rang.
"Auntie?"

"yes?"

---- long gasp and pause -----

"WOW Auntie! Oh my GOODNESS!"

I asked her if her son mentioned I called.

"He told me your daughter called and then said:
"Oh Mommy some weird lady called for you. I think she was Chinese."

hah!

God Bless the young. They tell the truth!

!
============

There arises from a bad and inapt formation of words, a wonderful obstruction to the mind.
- Francis Bacon