7.10.04

Going Home

It has been such a privilege and pleasure to meet and know intimatly a wide variety of folk whose combined lifestyles and times embrace all aspects of the human experience.
In school we had a little poem we chanted at recess:
"Tinker Tailor Soldier Sailor
Richman Poorman Beggarman Thief
Doctor Lawyer Indian Chief
Royal Canadian Mounted Police."
I think I have met them all now.

Alas it is a sexist poem. Where are the women in that rhyme? Are they merely implied?

I had to say goodbye to a few people this week.
To some the goodbye was a gesture, something I did that perhaps they will remember later as a farewell. To some it was a verbal expression of a thank you for sharing so many things with me.

Change is inevitable. Change is hard. Change is here.
---------------------------------

"Change is not merely necessary to life - it is life."
Alvin Toffler