29.10.04

Can you hear them?

Can you hear them
They talk about us
Telling lies
Well that's no surprise

Can you see them
See right through them
They have no shield
No secrets to reveal

It doesn't matter what they say
In the jealous games people play
Our lips are sealed

Careless talk
Through paper walls
We can't stop them
Only laugh at them

Spreading rumors
So far from true
Dragged up from the underworld
Just like some precious pearl

It doesn't matter what they say
In the jealous games people play
Our lips are sealed
Pay no mind to what they say
It doesn't matter anyway
Our lips are sealed

There's a weapon
We must use
In our defense
Silence

When you look at them
Look right through them
That's when they'll disappear
That's when you'll be feared

Hush, my darling
Don't you cry
Quiet, angel
Forget their lies ---"Go-gos"


===========

Online sources attribute that song to Belinda Carlisle of "The Go-Gos"
It seems to me it was written by someone else. I cant put my brain in gear.
Oh wait, I think I am thinking about "Girls Talk"
For some reason I want to make that song by Nick Lowe or Dave Edmunds.
You know.... "Cruel to be Kind" etc etc

All those lyrics blending together in my brain. It is a mess in there all righty.
Still: it does seem to me that an old rocker wrote that. hmm

=============
My return to work was of course heralded by alot of comment.
"Where have you been?"

Here are some of the things people said to me.

  • "I heard you went on a cruise."
  • "I heard you quit and went to work for the Theatre."
  • "How was Scotland?"
  • "You only work in ___ now I heard."
  • "I heard you had back surgery."
  • "How are your new teeth?( I loved that one, considering the tooth jewellery I have)
    ----------------------

    One of my very best friends said to me yesterday:
    "There certainly IS a difference between the happy you and that other one."
    uhm... what other one? There is only me in here. Right? Right!