27.10.04

head and shoulders knees and toes

Frost settled on my car last night.
Tonight the moon is a huge pumpkin in eclipse, beautiful and eerie.
Suitably October-esque.

Carelane was crowded today. I feel old in this cold. My knee is grumbling.
This is what happens to people who spend too much time on their knees for reasons other than prayer. Perhaps even the devout suffer arthritic knees.

It is strange to think how normal the bodies of the elderly are to me.
Not in a dehumanizing way, just familiar. I see alot of skin in my work.
Some people are just very genetically gifted and age little externally.
Today I met such a gentleman.
His body looked 70. His mind however has every minute of his 93 years well-etched and has run out of space. Now he is in the forgetting to clear a little room.
We spoke about Henrika who was in the other room. How wonderful she is.

As I left she told me Henrika was her late mother.

I motored on to my least favourite call.
--sigh--
We are not supposed to play that game.

=============

You're a better man than I am, Gunga Din!
Rudyard Kipling