30.8.04

Knowing the Whole Truth

Previous to my incarnation in Caregiving, I was an administrator and manager.
Addicted to information and knowledge, I took every workshop, attended every seminar and listened to every lecture I felt pertinent to managing people well. Noone ever suggested to me that less than perfection was allowable and sadly, it never occurred to me until far too late.

One of the most interesting workshops I remember was on the challenge of excellent employees.
It was a fascinating study on how the more highly achieving your employees are the more they can really screw things up for you. Impossible standards and so on. I now realise that the reason it felt so necessary to hear was that *I* was the person they were talking about.

Some professions attract prefectionistic people. This is not a bad thing not really.
It is like hiring people who are obsessive compulsive.
If you are a work-a-holic you may admire this "dedication".

Anyway this is my today post about me. It is more to make the reader (not me) aware of the why of my thought processes.
I realise that in itself is a perfectionistic notion. hah
Enough about me... on to the post about someone REALLY interesting.

I am an ordinary woman in an ordinary job but I hear the most amazing stories and meet the most fascinating people. My goal is to impart some of what I see. Even dimly as reflected glare from a diamond can still be dazzling. Or be-dazzling.


"One thing at a time, and all things in succession.
That which grow slowly endures."
--Josiah Holland