16.7.06

Memory Surge

Listening to a song when --suddenly--

It was a November evening. Rain, as always, made the pavement even greyer than it was. I had two tickets in my pocket. One was for the show at the Commodore. It was four Seattle bands. One was for the Pump. It was the Meat Puppets.

The crowd was sparse; the 3 piece had not yet hit the stratosphere.
Cris and Curt... long hair headbanging and that speedy guitar thing goin on.
I was seized by joy and was right up there by the stage belting out
" maybe they had a ridiculous statement to make about something they hadn't experienced, possibly sam had a different opinion that nobody'd ever considered important"

--- at least I think I was almost wrapping my lips around that.
I was laughing at how badly I was garbling things.
I heard a chuckle in my ear and looked over.
The other Kurt was right beside me doing the same.

I had forgotten that.
People had asked me before where we met. People who knew anyway.
I could never remember. I wondered if I was inebriated at the time.
But I heard "Sam" on my MP3 player and I was right back there.

oooo sometimes.

--------------------

I never successfully did street drugs of any kind, (she says sadly).
It was said that many of those tunes by the Puppets were chemically enhanced musings. Listening to "Sam" again with the warp speed thing going on, it isn't hard to believe. I always had the *other* problem. Way too much adrenilin.
They had to do speeders to keep up.
;)

--------