10.7.06

The Auctioneer

It was held in a beautiful old victorian style mansion.
Ever room held treasures; the entire contents of the home were being sold off.
The more I looked I more I saw.
The more I saw, the more I was dazzled.
Everything of such quality!

It came time for the sale to begin and I winded my way up one of the back staircases. Being naturally curious I checked out the circuitry on the wall by a servants entry. Now this isn't like the time I was touring the huge cable company and had the overwhelming compulsion to pull a switch or two cutting service to the Island South off... no no. This was more like: Let's pull this switch and see what happens.

I pulled it.
The sound of mechanical gears could be heard, even above the din of so many people and gradually they hushed and looked up. The panels were receding and a little shelf was visible almost to the ceiling. It wound all around almost every room.
Then, to my surprise, and most everyone elses I am sure, a little train came roaring out from somewhere and went zipping around room to room. I only had enough time to melt into another room before the Auctioneers helpers came bounding up to see whodunnit.

They came up all right and then, inevitably I was busted.
They walked up and I was pretty ready to plead insanity.
"When does the auction start?"

They looked at me.
"Whenever you call the first lots ma'am."

And they handed me a microphrone.
Trains?
Auctions?
Stealth mischief?

Yes. When twilight fades and night begins, my eyes close and off I go.
Somewhere.....