21.11.05

No. 3 (still stealth smartie-pantsin)


There is swarmy stealth and there is discretion stealth.
I am not swarmy.



I have two clients who like to drink a little too much a little too often.
It should not be any of my business, but alas, people talk.
In my heart I believe that if these were male clients, noone would say anything.
As they are female it gets bandied about, and discussed to death.
Sometimes, a trip to the liquor store and a shot of vodka sitting on the counter get documented by people who really should mind their own business.

Someone made the mistake this last week of asking me about a client's drinking habits.
I do not know any of my clients well enough to comment.
They tell me their secrets and hopes and dreams, but still, I only see them a tiny sliver of time and in a very intimate way. People all cope with forced intimacy differently. I begrudge noone their dignity.

Somehow, I do not believe I will be asked that particular question in that turn of phrase ever again by that person.

-=-