6.11.05

The best mirror is an old friend



It is very cold in my little room here.Outside, there was frost today. Inside there were blankets. And more blankets.And a heating pad too!
To be blogworthy, an event has to touch me in ways I feel a need to shed or share.Sharing is a wonderful thing when lives and stories are the fabric.So many great stories and so many wonderful people at the end of their lives, willing to share. Bless them all.

I have been enriched and enhanced a thousandfold by the people I meet.
In my chosen capacity as Caregiver, my true gift is listening.
People tell me things they have held back for decades.
I listen and enjoy the true contact. So real.

In my personal life I am very careful about who I let in.
Very few people have seen the inside of my home.
Very few people have seen the inside of my heart.
That will never change. I embrace my solitude.

-=-

A most excellent friend and I were speaking today. He was very distressed that I could have dated a person who does not appreciate me in the ways he believes I deserve. He was telling me I am not caring for myself if I continue to spending time, any time, with someone who has so little regard for me. An old friend is the best mirror.

*hug*

-=-

We are coming up to the Sagittarian season. All the bright and beautiful souls I know born in the centaur's time celebrate!! Another year of fabulousness.
It is the best time of year!

-=-