7.11.05


My eldest sister tells me that when you dream repeatedly of the same things, you should be able to get past the dream by a concentrated effort of will and your efforts will change the dream's outcome until soon, you will no longer *need* to dream it.
It has been decades since the concept of lucid dreaming was introduced to me. I am very successful at it and enjoy most of my dreams. I find them interesting little clues to what my soul/spirit/psyche REALLY thinks. I find that mostly I am a rather mundane being, prone to self-inflating fantasies. Odds are that you are too! Do not worry! I won't tell anyone.
I was trying to explain to my sister that the dreams which trouble me are the ones where there is no time, no space, nothing at all but my consciousness. At some point in the dream I contemplate unceasing aloneness and in those perceptions I am overwhelmingly sad.Awake, I can just taste along the periphery of memory that huge feeling. I remember remembering that time is just an illusion and that I have always been there and will always be there and it is just me and nothing else. A poor articulation of a massive idea.
Recently, someone asked me to consider that perhaps I was dreaming of the womb.An interesting concept. I do not believe it to me so as there is no comforting sound, no feeling of connection to something else and the main theme of the dream is my complete and utter solititude.Forgive me if this is all a repeat of other postings.I find this dream interesting. As interesting this morning as it was 15 years ago.
The saving grace of that dream is that as soon as I *know* I have been here before, ever and always, I am able to shrink my being down to a particle similar to light, and I scream along a parallel line back to my living body. The path takes me through other realities, other beings, other souls, but I am unable to linger; I am just looking in windows. At lightning speed. All right. I know this dream. I dream it alot. Weekly. At least.
So: Why am I still dreaming it if I am able to change it and can alter the outcome?I do not believe it is a dream in the conventional sense of the word. It is another reality.The windows I look into are never the same, the speed at which I come back to myself is always incredible and I find the sole concept that remains constant is the remembrance of eternity.
Colour me odd.
That is this week's attempt to explain my nighttime excersions.-=-
My dog was ferreting about in my bedding. Oh look! Ritz cracker crumbs!Oh look! A spoon with sticky pears on it.Oh look! Sleep-eating remains my amnesiac hobby.
-=-