5.3.05

Sleepy time memories

It has been such an eventful year and we are not yet well and truly into March!
Busy-ness suits me however this is not the sort of busy I like being.
Now I am a glorified babysitter to my own elder parent ...who is undergoing a very nasty divorce.

Unfortunatly once two people say: "I do" there is not much you can do to intervene.

At first I was vainly hoping I was mistaken in the person's character.
My discernment in such matters is generally pretty bang on the money.
As time went on it became obvious this forceful personality now sharing a name and a family with me and mine, did not just dislike us, ALL of us, rather the emotion emanating was bitterness and anger. A strong and active hate.

My parent being a Bible-believing Christian felt the best thing was a legal separation.
I, being a realist who has seen too many Mental Health situations go undiagnosed with poor results, wanted something more clinically sound. There was verbal and mental abuse ongoing.
The effect was wearing away the fragile health of my parent.
Still, we all have free will.

Against the advise of every Mental Health Professional we could bring on board, a very mild suit for legal separation was brought. The general consensus was the best thing to do would be to change the locks and get a restraining order and have a third party on hand when confronting the person that they were being asked to continue elsewhere.

When there is abuse in a home and the party who is being abused does not wish to disclose it,
freeing them of their bonds can be difficult. We are still not free. 15 motions have been filed in the Supreme Court all about money.... and still no divorce. The motions of course are filed by the abuser who denies any marriage breakdown.

When the marriage took place, after a courtship of 27 days and an elopement, my silly old romantic fool of a parent was so ectastic thinking how love had once again come along.
I had a rather different picture as the new person in our life blathered on and on to me that this marriage was for love and love only. God had brought them together and etc etc. I had to turn my face away when they CLAIMED to think my parent was on welfare. I guess the new truck was the giveaway on that one. Or possibly all the stories around the church about how spoiled my deceased parent had been by the one still living.

I bit it. For the first year things were all right. The second year was bad. The rest have been hell. Still, I know that it was a marriage, a BAD marriage but a marriage.
It never really upset my guts until the lies started;' the nasty meanness, the slander and now in Court Papers the libel. One-sided and so very unwarranted.

This person will get approximatly $5000 a month indexed (!) for life once my parent dies REGARDLESS of their marital state. Naturally my parent living on is a huge inconvenience.

It is just disgusting to me that they get anything at all.
Of course my parent is living elsewhere now for safety's sake, while the abuser enjoys the oceanfront home my parents worked so hard to retire to. In between little teas and inviting people over to admire the decorating the chief amusement seems to be telling people how awful we are and how evil and sick we have been.

I work HARD for my money.
I don't make any $5000 a month nor do I have any hope of a pension anywhere near this.

Some days I just feel like packing my bags and moving far far away.
Where I dont run into this professional inheritor, serial *special friend* and stinker.
I know God will be the judge. My heart is black when I think on this.
sigh ....

Why can't I be a bigger person than this?
Social injustice has always been my hottest spot.
Now there is a furnace right in my back yard fuelled by lies.
9-1-1 I need your help.
-----------------------
" I do know that the slickest way to lie is to tell the right amount of truth - then to shut up." Robert Heinlein