7.3.05

Emerald groves, mossy limbs.

Some days I know that God is good. Other days I live that.
A better soul than mine would be able to show the magnificence of the Creator through their lifestyle without the perks. So far, I seem to notice more on the very good days.

I am blessed with a new client. This gentleman is just past retirement age and battling Parkinsons's Disease. It has been a long and bloody war thus far with a few burnout casualties. After all this is a disease associated with old age, not someone in their 50s. Michael J. Fox and his Holiness the Pope notwithstanding, it is a quiet and nasty thing to develop but it does have a strange blessing. In some persons, my client being one of them, it arrives alone and no pain accompanies it.

When I come to call, my new friend's spouse goes out for a few hours comfortable that someone capable is looking after her beloved. I hope I get to keep this client for awhile. It is so nice to be needed AND wanted AND appreciated. I know I should not need such affirmations, but I am only human after all.

We spend rather a full day doing his regular routine of things.
I have become acquainted with the trails around this area. Not through any effort of my own, but through the days with this man. He has not allowed his disease to define his outdoor treks and we go for an hour or so hiking through the backtrails near his home. Over bridges and past rippling creeks where alder bow down from limbs green with moss, we walk and appreciate the beauty we are blessed to live with.

I am so thankful to have this experience.
I pray that my inner self can become quieter with each trek on the trails.


=======================

Every saint has a past and every sinner a future.
Oscar Wilde