25.3.05

Double checking!

Alot of my work frustration stems from poor communication around my worksite.
It is the changing nature of my worksite that makes things chaotic.
If someone is discharged from Hospital to Home, the schedule changes.
If someone calls in sick, change.
All of the above times ten and it is chaos.

Today I went in for a new print-out for my own schedule as there have been so many new clients this week all discharged from the Hospital and all requiring care.
I was wandering out the door to my car when I saw a name I do not know.
Back in to read the Nursing notes.

Seeing me amble back in, one of the Nurses in charge of such things asked me who it was I was wondering about. I told her the name and her face went pale.
"That can't be right. Let me see that."

It is a good thing I went back in to check.
The client died 4 days prior to my print-out.
I would have been going there 2 days later.
So six days poste-death I would have been ringing their doorbell.
ugh

That was almost the worst thing.
Thank you God for sparing me the pain I would have caused others.

-=-=-=-=-=-=--=-=-=-=-=-=-

"Jabez called on the God of Israel, saying, Oh that you would bless me indeed, and enlarge my border, and that your hand might be with me, and that you would keep me from evil, that it not be to my sorrow! God granted him that which he requested."

1 Chronicles 4:10