21.3.05

( Miss) Communications

Waking up to a wonderful Spring day! The second Spring day this year!!
Blossoms and such everywhere. A southerly wind breathing sweet coolness.
Beautiful pleasant Spring day to be spent with a very nice client. The whole day.

The door was (uncharacteristically) locked. The drapes were unopened.
Not even the dog barked as I knocked *and* rang the bell.
Thirty seconds later the door opened and a very pale spouse looked at me and said:
"I see the system doesn't work after all."

My client had cancelled. He is in hospital after a debilitating stroke.
Someone took a message and neglected to pass it on.
Just what the family wanted.... me @ 7:30

and oooo it got better. The entire day was like that.
The fellow I was sent to assist in the shower turned out to be unconscious PPS10
and the next client was recently home from a mandatory 6 weeks in the not so nice places of the Hospital where you go if you just lose hope and can't cope
---sigh---

I DO love my job. I DO love my clients.
I just wish communication in my worksite was better and more effective and efficient.
-----------------

"Effective communications starts with listening." --Robert Gately