8.1.05

Slip Sliding away...

Oceanside driving in this white stuff is scary. People either drive huge vans or other luxury multi passenger vehicles, in which case they spent the big bux and drive quite sensibly -OR- they have old tired pick-up trucks with chipped paint and a foot of snow on the roof in which case they drive like rednecks. The latter seem to be out in force.

Half our area is without power. The other half are huddled at home in front of their televisions.
Someone in an ancient Dodge pickup almost drove over me. At least he had the decency to shrug.
I suspect he had no brakes. Another truck circa 70s, a chev in appalling shape went through the red light at a major junction. That fellow did not look left nor right and had a couple of HOUNDS in the back. Gotta love the backcountry.

-------

Must be from all the cold: I had the strangest dreams last night. Bif Naked was on the run from someone and we were involved in some peripheral way. I remember the Burrard Street bridge featured predominantly in this segment. Bif was in an old suicide door T-bird and came screaming over the hill around 3rd ave where a roadblock was set-up. The car did one of those Streets of San Francisco stunts and came down HARD. Bif was no longer in the car when it skid to a halt. I ran over and looked in and she was disappearing down some Alice in Wonderland vortex with a very good-looking ex-boyfriend of mine. hmph. All this to her soundtrack.
Damn even in my dreams she is cool as fuck.

The first time I saw Bif was when she was a recent arrival to Vancouver and was playing in a band. A friend of mine had an Art Gallery along the border between Gastown and the Downtown East side. His gf *(now wife) asked me if I had ever heard of "Chrome Dog".
"They use our space to rehearse. You should check them out. Their singer kicks ass."
Yup, she did. And yup, she still is.

If you are going to spend $$ on music spend some on her Bificus-ness. She deserves your financial support. Bif is a great role model. She is clean and sober, a vegan and rocks hard so hard. God bless you Bif.

And watch out for those vortexes.
-----------

"I can't explain myself, I'm afraid, Sir,' said Alice, 'because I'm not myself you see.'"
Chapter 5, pg. 28