7.1.05

Oh no its snow!! Everyone drive slow now... 1--2--3

Rarely does it snow in this resort clime. When the white stuff does deign to fall, it lasts on the ground for 2, or perhaps three days. Maximum. That is the rule. Someone forgot to tell the weather this year, and *cracK* oops, broken rules.

Being a die-hard, naturally I got in my car and drove. Not for me those wuzzy snowtires and windshield wiper fluid that contains some super special toxin to dissolve ice OH NO we do it the hard way in my house. At nine-thirty am I was at the bank getting (yet another) bank card to replace the one I lost (again). The bank parking lot was an ice-rink, so I just slid into my spot.
At nine-forty I was kie-yie-yahing down the road to the Breakfast establishment. Eleven I was off to the thrift and a darn good thing too as they closed due to inclement weather at twelve. Twelve I went to visit me da' and marvelled at the lack of snowploughing done in his place. The plough showed up around 4:30pm and for some INEXPLICABLE reason pushed a tiny hill of snow behind MY car. *grrr*

Driving home it had snowed some more and the roads were just awful. From time to time I would hear the accident updates on the radio along with the Police advisory to stay home if at all possible. A few slides, dips, spins and turns and I was home, in a foul mood thanks to having to dig myself out one more time. *double grrrr* (grrr)

Six pm and OH LOOK it's the Bankcard I lost. Now does that not figure?
If this keeps up I am not going to work on my first scheduled day back.
No way. Although, I must confess that my last cheque sucked the big one, and was about two hundred lean of my usual take. I am not sure why.

This time round I have a stat in there. Enough to buy me some decent tires I hope.
The washer fluid got put in around 2pm.
Wuzzy me.