20.11.04

Will Rogers told me to put my money in Real Estate

'"You've got limited space here. It is a damned fine place to live. Put your money in Real Estate. The world is only getting more fullup with folk. And alot of them are all coming here."

'Will Rogers told me that."

me: "You knew Will Rogers?"

"Yer darned right! He was a good friend of Vic Flemings."

me: "You knew Victor Fleming?"

"Yeup. He was a decent fellow. The only one of that whole Hollywood crew I could stand.
Told me to look him up with I was in California so I did. And he treated me like a Prince.
And what was I? Just the Caretaker. Yes, Vic was a great guy.'

"Poor Will, he had a private plane and all. He liked to fly alot. Took me up a few times. His plane went down in Alaska somewhere. A darned shame."

Where but in Community Nursing could you hear a story like that?
I could tell you more but .... discretion is the better part of valour.

=============
"Thou has done a deed whereat valour will weep."
Shakespeare