9.10.06

Thankfully giving

T'is Thanksgiving eve and I am the turkey, stuffed and dressed.

We had a wonderful Thanksgiving dinner featuring mostly vegetarian dishes and one bar-be-qued chicken. With only two people eating meat it seemed silly to make a turkey. I did make stuffing and a compote instead of a meat-based gravy. It was onion and mushroom, pear apple raisin and cinammon compote and it was absolutely delicious. We had mashed potatoes and butternut squash baked in a glaze, we had brussel sprouts and pickled beets and yummy pumpkin pie with fresh whipping cream for dessert.

I am thankful for such a marvellous feast.
I am grateful for my job which I love despite the conditions of employment.
I am appreciative of each soul I encounter along the way and the lessons I am learning.

And I don't have a gun.


------------------- *