12.10.06

HOW MUCH????

Sitting with an Insurance Adjustor discussing my claim for damages to my rear bumper incurred in a very minor parking lot accident. I had been telling her that I was planning to have the car detailed anyway and that my damages were minimal. The other vehicle that backed into me had more damage as it was the driver's side door.

The accessor brought his report into the interview room.
My adjustor looked across the desk and told me the amount it would likely cost to repair my scratches.

"HOW MUCH??"

Up until that moment I was holding the high road.
Suddenly I became concerned with assessed liability.

Because of my excellent driving record (her words, not mine) the worst case scenario is that my yearly premium will go up by $17.00
I can handle that.

A very large part of me wants the accident to be 100% the other driver's fault.
Tsk tsk tsk.