17.12.04

tra la la lally fa la la lally

Christmas time is here!
I know so from the number of flyers in my newspaper.
What a colossal waste of trees.

Little miss Rockcakes was on my mind as I drove past her home.
Service has been suspended indefinitly.
Perhaps something to do with her fierceness, I really do not know.

During her frequent reminiscences she would extoll the many virtues of her belated husband.
Or she would relate verbatim his extolling of her virtues.
He was a brave man at the very least.

We had a long laugh about her story of when he was going off to get the permit for their marriage. She told me that when he rang up to tell his relations he was off to get a license, they asked him if he was getting a dog or a radio.
HAH!

Only in Britain :)

Little miss Rockcakes was on a tear last time I saw her. She said:
"If I had my eyesight NOONE would come in that door. Not even YOU!"

I was rather touched. Quite a compliment, backhanded though it was.
It was followed by"
"I don't give a TOSS I REFUSE TO SIGN! Tell them THAT at the Office!"

and

They think they have me but they will find out who has who."

I think she is in Check at the moment.
Hope it's not checkmate.
------------------

God Bless you Little miss Rockcakes.
Fire and all!

-------------------
Man is a rational animal who always loses his temper when called upon to act according with the dictates of reason.

Oscar Wilde