15.2.09

So Thankful!

Now that the Naproxen is working, I feel very much better and the tendons in my arm and shoulder are calming down. I am thankful.

My evening position, bereft of lifting or repetitive motion, continues to be a source of joy in my life. It is such a little job in such a little place but I do love it so. My Manager is a bright warm witty woman and my co-workers are mostly very happy to be here in the same way that I am. It is always a pleasure to work with the young and be awash in their energy and drive. The folks who we serve are of a median age of 80. They consider me young! Bless their hearts!

One of our new residents has a son who is another beam of sunshine. He stopped by to visit his mom and then came over and sat with me a few hours. It was a Valentine treat!

I am so grateful for my charmed life.

------- *

“Feeling gratitude and not expressing it is like wrapping a present and not giving it.”
William Arthur Ward