24.1.09

Noctogenarians

They are EVERYWHERE living quietly among us. They look like us, they act like us and one day they will become us! Yes, I am referring to those in their 90s - the Noctogenarians.

It was not that many years ago that I was agog over people in their upper 90s managing to live alone in their own homes. I considered it an oddity. Now that I have been around the carelane a few thousand times, I know that this is as rare as sand on a beach. In this fabulous community of ours it is positively rampant.

Today I had the experience of seeing 7 clients, all closer to 100 than 90. It was an experience both uplifting and inspiring. I want to be them!!

As I was departing from the 98 year old, a visitor arrived. I heard her say as I was leaving: "She is surprizingly capable and really rather funny."
That would be my praise au jour.

===========
“If you plan on being anything less than you are capable of being, you will probably be unhappy all the days of your life.” Abraham Maslow