28.3.08

Things *NOT* to Buy at the Thrift Shoppe


Don't worry, this is not a post about underwear - although it could be I suppose.
It would depend on how impoverished you are and so on....

My usual list of things invisible to me, things I do not buy secondhand goes something like this:
1- Food (Unless using a food bank)
2- Pets ( no no no and NO)
3- Plants (Bugs,and other awfulnesses.)
5- Shoes unless still with price tag intact

There are a few sundry others I cannot think of this moment but you get th jist. Now I have a new addition to this list. Printers! Do not be fooled by the inclusion of install disks and a full ink cartridges. Do not be lured by the low prices.
Just say NO! Proceed to your local retailer and buy one new.

The carnage from this estate -

2 Canons, 2 Epsons, 1 Hewlett Packer, 1 Dell and 1 Brother. - - and this just since I was keeping count. I have gone through the troubleshooter so often I can chant the instructions. BAH.

-------------------*

Thrift is not an affair of the pocket, but an affair of character. ~S.W. Straus