7.4.06

My body is a temple

We sat sipping tea. I am coming to enjoy a good cuppa more than coffee.
Does this mean I am officially old now?

Possibly.
I know I am dressing in layers all the time now --and-- wearing socks to bed.

My right side hurts like a bugger all day every day.
It scares me to think what I will be like when I am 50-60-70
This is the ghost of long-ago accidents come back to haunt me.
I do not think the ghost ever extemporated completely.

I have a topper on my mattress that is made of down and so soft, so very soft I feel like I am floating. I have to sleep on my left side or on my back. I can no longer
relax enough to sleep on my right. I cannot even lie on it.

All day at work I can blank out my leg. Advil 600 helps.
I look in the mirror and there she is.
That woman has jumped in front again.
She is friendly looking and pleasant but wow--- is that really me?
I guess so.

The weather announces itself in my bones.
I knew it was raining before my eyes were open.
The years are so sneaky.
One minute you are counting the days and the next, months slide by in stealth mode.

Oh it is an amazing journey this life is.

What shrine is my body?
A temple to.... ?

(boggle)